Thursday, October 29, 2015

Facebook Recipe Success and Fails




If you spend any time on your Facebook account you’ve seen the recipe videos that people post. Most look delicious, especially those involving chocolate. *Mmmmmm* But have you ever tried some of them?

I have, and they ranged from absolutely delicious to I’d rather die rather than take another bite, yes, it was that gross. But I like to try new things and at times they are fun to do.
With my change in eating habits this year (meaning cutting out most of the processed foods and going more organic/natural & losing over 30 lbs since the middle of May *yay* ) I’m always on the lookout for tasty, yet healthy recipes. Or sometimes yummy desserts to take to dinners or parties. I love to bake, however with my husband isn’t much of a sweet person and with my kids in college I don’t have them or their friends constantly in and out to help me eat what I create (hence the overweight issue).

Tonight I tried the Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza. I’ve never been a huge cauliflower fan, but it’s not horrible. This recipe used the vegetable as the pizza crust.   I used the toppings of my choice as well. It was one of those eeehhh results. It was edible, but not something I would make again.

I don’t remember the horrible, horrible recipe. I guess I blocked it because it was so bad. LOL

I’ve found many good ones though that I’ve printed and put in my recipe binder. There’s one or two simple fudge recipes I like to pull out during the holidays. I adore the homemade, natural 2-ingredient ice cream. Especially the mango one (just frozen mango and banana, with a touch of milk).

My absolute favorite is the dessert “Sex in a Pan”. I took it to church and when people asked me what it was called I had to think quickly and change the name to “Heaven in a Pan”. I will be posting the full recipe in my newsletter that will come out before the end of this month.

Have you had any experiences with recipes you found on Facebook? Good? Bad? What have you found that you’d care to share?

No comments: