Saturday, May 01, 2010

Clash of the Titans - Movie


Since the kiddies are out of town, last night was date night with hubby. :) We went to see Clash of the Titans – 3D. First off, the original 1981 version was one of my favorite fantasy/mythical movies. Yes, I know the graphics are cheesy, but it was an action romance. *dreamy sigh* Hey, I was younger than my own kids when it came out, reality hadn’t hit me yet. But I do have to say that it was that movie that got me into Mythology. I still like reading/learning about all the gods of Olympus, which I guess is why I enjoyed the Percy Jackson book series.


Anyway, from reviews I’d read on Fandango I knew that the movie’s plot had changed. I just didn’t realize just how much. So if you haven’t seen it yet, be fore warned…it’s only loosely based on the 1981 version.

Overall, the movie was great. The action scenes were well done, the graphics awesome (much much better than the original lol), and the actor who played Perseus… well, he was drool-ishess :P You’ll also meet new characters (the Djinn and a black pegasus) and miss old ones (like the owl *pout* ) And there was less interaction of the other gods too. Also if you know anything about mythology, you’ll notice how they twisted the tales. For example, in the movie Hades was the one who controlled the Kraken, when really it was Poseidon who wielded control over the creature. Along with who the bad guy was – Hades taking over rather than Hera’s jealousy. Also, I believe the 3D effects were kind of useless. There was little difference with or without the glasses.

But I won’t give away the movie. I thought it was a really well done movie and enjoyed the showing. I also thought that the actors who played Zeus and Hades gets two-thumbs up from me.

This whole movie made me think once more of doing a book based on either Hades (change him somewhat) or maybe one of his demigod ‘kids’. Hmmm, needless to say, it got the plot bunnies working. :D
So if you want to see an action movie with some really good graphics (upgraded from the original), then take a couple of hours and check it out. IMO, anyway.




Just check out the differences in the pictures in this post.

Have a great Saturday! Kiddies are coming home today! :D

No comments: