Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What are you reading Wednesday!

Well, I was going to wait a week or so before doing another one of these, because I'm not always able to read a lot. However, this past week, I've been a reading fiend! Okay, I haven't read like 10 books or anything, but I've read more than usual as of late.

I'm still reading Vol 1 of Night World. I'm one of those people that can read 3 or 4 books at a time and still remember and keep track of what's going on in each one. I'm what I call a mood-reader. If something kind of slows for me or drops my interest, I move on to one of my other books. I guess I was in the mood for a bit more sex than a YA can give me, so I picked up my e-reader.

I'd gobbled down the first 3 books of the Immortal series (written by Jennifer Ashley, Robin T Popp, & Joy Nash) and had started the 4th book, but got distracted by completing my own book, edits, and everyday life stuff and other responsibilities.
The Gathering (about Hunter *drool*) hooked me right back in. I LOVED it - and Hunter, of course. However, I noticed that what really kept me intrigued with these books was the 5th Immortal Brother - Tain.
Did I ever tell everyone that I'm a series-whore?!? I absolutely adore series and HAVE to read them from the first book, preferably in order.
Well, back to Tain... Once I completed the 4th book, I just had to start #5 (The Redeeming) because that's the book about Tain. It took me a day to read it!!!
Ok, I'm such a sucker for a truly tortured Hero. While reading this book, it hit me that all my favorite books were where the hero had been physically tortured. But I've decided to do a blog post all its own on tortured heroes later this weekend. ^-^

I have book 6, 7, & 8 (I think) sitting here on my laptop, but I've decided to take a little break from that world.

So, I'm now reading Kidnapped for Christmas by Evangeline Anderson. If you've never read one of her books, go get one! She writes both m/f and m/m books. The Assignment (from Loose-Id) was the first e-book I ever read and inspired me to actually write and submit my own stories. :) I've got several of her latest releases, so I'll probably try to get some of them read.

I'm also toying with the idea of starting Pleasure Bound by Larissa Ione. I've got all 3 books to her Demonica series. (See, told you I was a series-whore LOL). I'm going out of town tomorrow for a couple of days for some sun and the beach and since I'm not one for salt water and more of a sunbather, I like to read. And I jut can't stand the thought of sand in my e-reader, so paperback will have to do ;)

So what are you reading this week??

Now, I'm off to finish edits to Never Too Late.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am currently reading Demon Mistress by Yasmin Galenorn