Friday, October 31, 2008
Was it just me? Or were these movies not emphasized like they were in the past? But then again, DVDs and computer downloads of these movies are much easier to access now, so perhaps that's what's taken the emphasis away from them usually showing it on normal cable.
I love the Scream movies, but my ultimate favorite scary movie is the original Nightmare on Elm Street (and up to #4 of the series).
What's your favorite scary movie??? (Sound familiar? ;) )
Edits are calling *sigh*. I'm hoping to get a newsletter up next week along with a contest :D
OH, and Phaze is have a sale for today only! Get 20% off your purchase of books. Just type in CANDYCORN during checkout and you'll recieve your discount.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I've got my hands full with a few things this month, but I thought I'd do some Halloween things and some funnies while I'm busy. Also, I've got the cover for A Gift Worth Sharing that I'll post by the weekend! It's yummy :P
Also, check out Worlds of Mayhem here and there. I'll be posting new books that I've read in the coming week.
25 Signs You've Grown Up
1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can’t smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
6. You watch the Weather Channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of “hook up” and “break up”.
8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as “dressed up”.
10. You’re the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won’t
turn down the stereo.
11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald’s leftovers.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You take naps.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than
settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and
20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer “pretty good shit”.
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. “I just can’t drink the way I used to” replaces “I’m never going to drink that
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking, “Oh shit, what the hell happened?”
Posted by Marty Rayne at 10:15 AM
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
It's our birthday and we're celebrating by giving you a present!
All Romance eBooks will be celebrating our second birthday on November 1, 2008 and we couldn't think of a better way to mark the occasion than by passing on the gift of an eBook to as many readers, publishers, and authors as possible.
On November 1st all registered customers will receive a code good for one* free download! The customer picks the book, we purchase it, and authors and publishers earn their royalties. It's as simple as that.
And, not only is it simple now, it's simple every day to shop at All Romance eBooks. Simple category searches, simple checkout process, and a simple buy-ten-get-one-free reward program.
Help us spread the word to those that read eBooks and to anyone you think might like to try one. We have All the romance you need from all the publishers you love—and now we're giving it away!
Lori James and Barbara Perfetti All Romance eBooks
*one click buys and bundles excluded
Friday, October 03, 2008
I've gotten a couple more reviews for Dragon Riders 2: Reluctant Hearts.
4 cups at Coffee Time Romance
"Ms. Rayne creates a wonderful story involving two phenomenal characters. Wrapped up in this fantastic world and characters was just what makes this story so great." ~ Krista
4.5 Ribbon at Romance Junkies
"DRAGON RIDERS 2: RELUCTANT HEARTS is a riveting book. Ms. Rayne has sharpened her pen well in the telling of this adventure." ~ ladybirdrobi
Night Owl Romance gave it a 4 out of 5
My net difficulties are just about over. I'm up to regular speed again, but I have to be very watchful as to what I download and do until my billing cycle resets me back to 0 and I start over again. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to get used to having this instead of unlimited net service.
Everyone have a great weekend.