Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I deserve 10 lashes....

Yes, I know...I deserve a lashing for being MIA for so long. First off, let me apologize. Life has seriously been a challenge this month...and it's only the beginning of October *sigh*
In my last post I spoke about going away to a Karate Tournament. Had a ball and brought home first place in my division for breaking (yes, real boards - 4 of them total) and second place for my form. Not too shabby *G* but then that's when things took a turn.

The following morning, I woke with a sore throat. Thinking it was just my sinuses (the hotel I stayed at allowed pets so dandur was in the carpet, etc) I went for my MRI - and yes, there's actually a mass of tissue in my head reguardless of how my husband teases me- and thought it was just the contrast that was making me sicker as the day went by. By Monday morning I was running 103.5 temperature. Doctor? Heck, yeah.

Needless to say, I somehow got a really bad case of Strep Throat and had to do two rounds of antibiotics because the first medicine didn't touch it hardly at all. Still running low grade temperature on the third day and my ears throbbing beyond belief was a big clue that the drugs weren't working.

Needless to say, I'm well now, but I missed the testing of my next level in karate. I get to make that up tomorrow *sigh* Learning new things in less than a week to be tested on is not fun at all.

Let's not forget the fundraiser ending this week and the tennis tournament I'm supposed to be helping out in - but don't remember signing up for - at my children's school this week. It's no wonder I have headaches *lol*

Well, anyway, I've been doing some thinking. I'm not happy with my web server or rather the cost of it so I'm looking to switch which means I have to rebuild my site. *grumbling* I've finished edits for Testing Passion and enWrappture, both of which comes out at Phaze (Oct and Nov) and am starting on the edits for Bonded Hearts which is due for release in Dec. at Loose-Id.

I'm going to continue Second Chances (I'm really sorry my muse failed to keep me up on this one) and will be trying to add some new things here on my blog. Maybe some polls, question of the week, and other things to have more interaction with my readers. NaNo is less than a month away. Whatcha think?

It's well past my bedtime, but thanks for sticking around during my little rant.

No comments: