Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Second Chances - Part 24

Only a day late, but here is the next chapter. After this, things will start heating up ;)

Chapter 24

“Thank you for coming,” Zack said to Ryan as they stood out on the frong porch. Dinner had gone better than Zack expected. There were a few awkward moments, but Ryan easily smoothed them over, greatly impressing Zack.

“It was nice.” Ryan glanced at Zack. “I was hesitant about coming, but I’m glad I did.”

“Me too. I wasn’t sure if I was ready for this.” Zack shifted his weight nervously. It had only been a week since he started seeing Dr. Parker, but already he felt better. More confident in himself. However, being around Ryan brought about feelings he was still uncertain about. He didn’t want to feel attracted to Ryan. He knew he wasn’t ready for this step, but his subconscious and body had other ideas. Uncountable sensual dreams had filled his nights since he and Ryan kissed. Even now, standing three feet from the man of his dreams, his cock was tingling with unrestrained desire. It caused both confusion and frustration.

“Remind me to offer to cook when Maria wants to do this again.”

Zack laughed. He relaxed. It felt good. “She tries.”

Quiet settled over them. Zack stared out to the street, watching the occasional car drive by. It was a nice neighborhood. Full of children and families. He felt a little out of place here. He never dared to dream of having a house like this and little ones running around. Hell, he was lucky if he’d ever get involved with anyone again.

“I know you have a lot to work through,” Ryan interrupted the silence. “But if you ever need to talk…or get out of the house. Well, you can call me.”

Zack’s stomach fluttered like butterflies suddenly appeared. “Thanks. I appreciate it.” He lifted his trembling hand and laid it on top of Ryan’s. He felt like a teenager on his first date. Only this wasn’t really a date. And no matter how attracted he was to Ryan, Zack wanted to be friends first. He’d learned his lesson on romances that swept him off his feet.

Ryan slipped his hand away from Zack. He could feel the hesitation.

“It’s time for me to get home. Again, thanks for dinner.”

Zack smiled. “Take care, Ryan. And…” he paused, swallowed hard, and pushed away the nervous tightening in his gut. “If you need anything, let me know.” He raised his casted arm. “This comes off soon, but I’m still capable of doing most my normal activities.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Ryan’s hand brushed lightly across Zack’s as he walked off the porch.
Zack watched him get into his car and drive away.

“Thanks, Charlie.” He’d heard the door open after Ryan’s car started. Maria would have come out. “You weren’t a jerk once tonight.”

Charlie chuckled and stepped into the spot Ryan had just vacated. “Surprisingly, it wasn’t that hard to restrain.”

“Ryan’s a good guy. I think once we get past all of this, you two will be great friends.”

Charlie shook his head. “I wouldn’t bet on that, Zack. But I’ll agree to taking it one day at a time.” He patted Zack on the back and went back inside leaving Zack to his thoughts.

2 comments:

Gina, book dragon said...

nooooo!

sigh, I come in and you're on chapter 24 and I read all the way though in one sitting. Now I have to wait until Monday for the next.

Found your link on Sven's site. I also own A Master's Love and it looks like I'll be getting At the Edge later today :)

so, how fast will the weekend be over?

Gina Marina

Marty Rayne said...

Thanks Gina :)
I'm working on the next part. Been a little slow lately because another story has stolen my muse *sigh* the way of a writer ;)