Thursday, March 29, 2007

Boy, this has been such an emotional day for me. First I was pissed and upset because my laptop finally completely crapped out on me last night. In fact, I almost started a fire with the adaptor *lol* It was sparking and crackling. However, I've been having small problems with it for months now. But I'd had the comfort knowing that even though I couldn't use it for net purposes, I could still use my Word (I think the keyboard is my muse. Much easier to type on then the one on my desktop *sigh*)

But not anymore. Thinking it was just the AC adaptor, I ordered one. (bye bye graphic $$ :( ) But then Windows wouldn't load correctly. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to do anything right.

Ok, I knew it was coming, so I'd backup up all the important stuff on it to a disk. However, I'd just spent three days editing my dragon story (rewriting 4 chapters) BUT I couldn't get to it!!!! I was freaking because I couldn't remember how I'd rewritten the chapters. And I was trying to get it to a CD when it went out on me on top of it all.

Well, after much pleading and near crying to it...and even hitting it a time or two *blush* My 10 yr old son comes in and turns it on. It WORKED! As slow and smooth as I could, I babied Bonded Hearts onto a disk and got it copied. Then boom...it quit again and won't for the life of it load windows again. That was after realizing that I'd forgotten to get the second chapter of my second dragon story off of it. But oh well. Beggers can't be choosers. It was only a few hundred words into it and I'm sure I'll get into it again.

So needless to say, I took my sons to the zoo afterward, bought dipping dot and cotton candy then McD's for lunch...AND a trip to Books a Million and bought each a book. What a generous mood I'm in :D I'm just glad that I was able to get the story back. But once I get my new power cord, I'm getting it looked at.

Diligence leads to riches ~ chinese proverb (use your talents well)

No comments: